Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Times, They are a' Changin

There are some exciting times afoot at the Mothership. First of all, I am happy to announce that Greg Gaston, my old on-air partner, is coming back to Sports 56 WHBQ as the midday host. I'm happy to have Greg back--he brings great experience and talent to the airwaves. It's a real benefit to have the TV voice of the Tigers, along with a man of his TV pedigree back on our roster.

Who will his partner be? None other than Eli Savoie. Their new show will begin this coming Monday, June 6th. I know they're going to kick ass with the new show, and I can't wait to hear what they have to say.

Of course, that means that tomorrow morning will be the last Memphis Morning Express with me and Eli--that's kind of a sad thing, really. I've enjoyed working with Eli on the show, and I'll miss his dumb comments.

Eli's moving to middays, so the logical question is: what does that mean for me in the mornings? I wish I could tell you right now, but I can't. Big things are coming, though, and soon. As soon as I can give you more information, I will do so right here on the blog. Stay tuned.

No comments: