Thursday, July 14, 2005

Morning Rush Babe Draft

I just want to say how cool it has been to hear from so many of you right after we announced the 1st annual Babe Draft this morning on the show. Ron and I, along with Will Askew, Tyler McLellan, Cobra, Wes Pounds, Minor Cook, and several other folks have been working on this idea for some time, so to see it go over so well off the bat is really encouraging.

Will has been especially helpful serving as Will Kiper, Jr.--he's our draft expert. In fact, on his blog, he has posted his top 10 Big Board (yes, with pictures, people)--go check it out and tell him what you think.

For what it's worth, my top ten would read like this:

1. Elisha Cuthbert
2. Jennifer Garner
3. Halle Berry
4. Evangeline Lilly
5. Jessica Alba
6. Beyonce Knowles
7. Catherine Bell
8. Angelina Jolie (she's amazing, but she is KRAZY)
9. Bea Arthur--just kidding, I meant Charlize Theron
10. Jennifer Connolly

As I said this morning, we welcome your nominations to the Babe Draft. If your nominated woman gets drafted and ends up on the winning team, you will win a Sports 56 WHBQ prize. It's just that simple. Call in to the show, or email the show (rush@sports56whbq.com) to get your nomination in. We want and need your help. Also, tomorrow morning we will introduce you to our Commissioner. Once you see her, you might want to draft her. She's very cool.

Finally, one unrelated thing--as I was browsing the ol' web, as I do from time to time, I came across a video that made me wonder what might have been. It's Gerald Green, the high schooler taken #18 by the Celtics, the young man that Jerry West told me and Ron was #1 on his overall talent evaluation in this year's draft, the prospect that could have been a Grizzly if he had slipped one more spot, dunking ALL OVER some 6' 11'' Clippers summer scrub.

Watch it--and try not to think about the fact that he was thisclose to being a Grizzly.

No comments: